Thursday, July 12, 2012

R.I.P. 4 Iron

Played our little executive course in Juneau today-- because it's such a small course, and because I have a small selection of clubs, I brought just a 4 iron, a pitching wedge, a lob wedge and a putter. (If I had a 5, 6, or 7 iron I probably would have brought one of those instead or in addition to the 4, and if I had a 8 or 9 I would have brought that instead of the pitching wedge, but no matter, I don't have those.) Well on the 9th hole, which is a sort of long 3 or maybe a very short 4, I swang away with the 4 iron and hit it so great, but in doing, the head of the club sheared right off! I didn't even know the club had much wear! Never even heard of that happening! Well, now I'm down to my 3 iron and wedges (and a 5 and 7 wood, but I've been enjoying irons). Hopefully some lefty clubs will show up in Juneau soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment